A COVID-19 update and a survey too!
New info for you
Here is the latest update from Chief Jennifer Frank and the NPD.
Check out the link on a new NPD survey that you are welcome to participate in.
46. COVID-19 update:
From: "Frank, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Frank@vermont.gov>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 02:23:42 +0000
1. VT Strengthened mask requirements effective Aug. 1
Q: When do I need to wear a mask?
A: Any time it’s not possible to keep a 6-fT distance from others who are not a part of household. This includes at indoor & outdoor public spaces and group living settings (Ex: ong-term care facilities, nursing homes, apartments, condo complexes).
Q: When don’t I need to wear a mask?
A: Face masks are not required when:
- You are doing strenuous exercise or activities.
- Someone is under the age of 2
- The person is unable to remove it without assistance
- You have a medical or behavioral reason for not wearing a face mask (Evidence or documentation of your condition is not required.)
2. Vt recently received funds from FEMA for a Crisis Counseling Program called "COVID Support VT." In September, 3 Crisis Counselors will be available to work with Vermonters to provide short-term mental health interventions that support resiliency, refer people to longer-term emotional supports, and connect them to existing community organizations and services for additional concerns.
3. Current COVID-19 Activity in Vt (Nh):
- Total cases: 1,402 (6,441)
- Currently hospitalized: 1 (20)
- Hospitalized under investigation: 12
- Total people recovered: 1,190 (5,625)
- Deaths: 56 (409)
- People tested: 90,617
- Travelers monitored: 1,004
- Contacts monitored: 42
- People completed monitoring: 5,053
4. Regional Report:
- New Hampshire: has begun allowing reusable grocery bags again.
- Florida: COVID-19 hospitalizations have increased by 79% since 7/4. There were also 77 new Florida resident deaths today, increasing the statewide resident death toll to 5,931.
- CDC reported 4,163,892 (+139,400) COVID-19 U.S. cases and 145,982 (+2,114) domestic fatalities.
- WHO reports there are 16,114,449 cases and 646,641 deaths worldwide.
5. Don't forget to fill out the NPD community survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf6rcyXDSniaCKFQdiHDVnnMHQamA2b-of8xgkRnHksB_YnPA/viewform?usp=sf_link
Chief Jennifer Frank, Norwich, VT Police Department
10 Hazen Street / P.O. Box 311, Norwich, VT
(802)649-1460 (Office), (802)649-1775 (Fax)