Discover more from My Newsletter "about Norwich"
A regional look at COVID-19 and an update too!
Some statistics in case your interested
Here is the latest update:
34. COVID-19 UPDATE:
From: "Frank, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Frank@vermont.gov>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 22:48:57 +0000
1. REGIONAL LOOK:
- The Washington, D.C., Maryland/ Virginia region continues a decline in new cases.
- At least 23 states are pausing reopening plans to combat the spreading infections.
- Arizona, California, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas reported a record number of new cases.
- CA: Has more than 6,300 coronavirus cases and is ordering the re-closure of indoor operations in certain business sectors, including restaurants, bars, wineries, and cardrooms for the next three weeks.
- LA: The State recorded its largest daily coronavirus case spike since April with nearly 2,100 new cases of COVID-19
- NC: Reported its largest daily increase in COVID-19 cases Wednesday, adding 1,843 new cases and pushing the state's total to 66,513. Officials said 1,373 deaths have been reported and 901 people are hospitalized.
- AZ: announced 4,682 new cases of the virus - NJ: The Governor announced the state is pausing the easing of restrictions throughout the state due to the increase in COVID-19 cases.
RI: The Governor announced the state will move into Phase-3 and extended the Executive Order enforcing face coverings being worn in public (indoors and outdoors).
- AK: Level of COVID-19 infections continues to rise, hitting another new high with nearly 500 active cases around the state.
2. CURRENT STATUS IN VT:
- Positive COVID-19 Test results 1,227 (+17)
- Patients Currently Hospitalized 2 (+1)
- Hospitalized Under Investigation 19 (+3)
- Total People Recovered 960 (-1)
- Deaths attributed to COVID-19 56
- Tests administered for COVID-19 67,341 - People being monitored for COVID-19 1,571 (+17)
3. No-Quarantine Travel to Vt Expanded:
- People from low-risk counties in additional states can travel to Vermont without having to quarantine. The additional states include Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia, as well as the District of Columbia.
Chief Jennifer Frank, Norwich, VT Police Department
10 Hazen Street / P.O. Box 311, Norwich, VT
(802)649-1460 (Office), (802)649-1775 (Fax)