Discover more from My Newsletter "about Norwich"
Covid-19 update as of 3/16/2020, Governor Scott orders the closure of all bars and restaurants statewide for dining in.
This is ever changing and every update is important
This will appear in the List Serv in the morning, I am sure, but I wanted to pass it along as soon as I received it. I had added the other updates to the original story but thought this one should be separate so that it can be seen and not buried in a previous story.
Here is the update
- Gov. Scott restricted all public gatherings to either 50 people or 50% occupancy, whichever is less.
- Gov. Scott ordered the closure of all bars and restaurants statewide. Establishments may only offer food takeout and delivery service effective @ 2p 03/17 to 4/06. NH restaurants and bars will also close 3/17.
- Marion Cross School closed until 4/03
- Norwich Rec closed until 4/20
- Norwich library closed
The Agency of Human Services is working with the Agency of Education to create guidance for childcare facilities.
All 50 states have now declared a State of Emergency.
- Current status in Vermont, last updated by the Health Department at 1300 on 3/16/20:
- Vermont residents tested positive for COVID-19: 8
- Non-Vermont residents tested positive for COVID-19: 4
- Vermonters tested negative for COVID-19: 421
- Vermonters being monitored: 274
- Vermonters who have completed monitoring: 143
Chief J. Frank
Norwich, VT Police Department
10 Hazen Street / P.O. Box 311, Norwich, VT 05055