COVID_19 update for today
To keep you in the know
Sharing this so that you can stay informed as things are ever changing
38. COVID-19 update
From: "Frank, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Frank@vermont.gov>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 23:18:45 +0000
1. Current COVID-19 Activity in Vermont
- Total cases* 1,334 (9 new)
- Currently hospitalized 4
- Hospitalized under investigation 29
- Total people recovered 1,121
- Deaths+ 56
- Travelers monitored 1,338
- Contacts monitored 105
- People completed monitoring 3,757
2. Current COVID-19 Activity in NH:
- NH Persons with COVID-19 6,249 +46
- Recovered 5,286 (85%) +35
- Deaths Attributed 398 (6%) 0
- Current COVID-19 Cases 565 +11
- Total Hospitalizations 673 (11%) 0
- Current Hospitalizations 20 +3
3. Regional Report:
- Arkansas: Now requires people to wear face masks in public throughout the state.
- Colorado: Requires residents to wear masks when they are visiting public indoor spaces and not able to social distance.
- Florida: 50 hospitals throughout the state have no available beds in their ICUs.
- Georgia: Recorded its highest single-day number of new covid-19 cases with 4,689 positive results. The state also reported that 85% of critical care beds are in use across the state.
- Missouri has set another record for daily increases of coronavirus cases with 958 on Saturday.
- New York City has been cleared to enter the next phase of reopening, but indoor restaurants, bars, museums, and malls will remain closed. Phase 4 reopening will allow for more outdoor activities such as zoos, outdoor films, and gardens, but indoor operations, such as eating in restaurants and shopping at malls, will remain closed .
- Texas, for a 5th day in a row, has reported more than 10,000 new COVID-19 cases.
* Additionally, a number of major U.S. retailers have announced plans to require customers to wear masks while inside their stores. The list of retailers includes Target, CVS, Walmart, Kroger, Kohl's, Starbucks, Best Buy, and Costco.
Chief Jennifer Frank, Norwich, VT Police Department
10 Hazen Street / P.O. Box 311, Norwich, VT
(802)649-1460 (Office), (802)649-1775 (Fax)